navigation

11 July 2023

holiday to menorca: insotel punta prima resort&spa review


Back in May, my fiancé and I spent a week in Menorca (one of the Spanish Balearic islands), staying at the Insotel Punta Prima Resort&Spa. We had a fantastic time and there is much to say about our trip, so read on to find out what we did and if you’re thinking of going to Menorca or staying at the Insotel, you will hopefully find this useful!


Insotel Punta Prima Resort&Spa


Details: We paid around £540 each for a week, all-inclusive stay at the beginning of May 2023, I think this was a really good deal. We booked through TUI and this included flights, luggage, and transfers.


Before we left: I read a lot of reviews before we left and I wouldn’t say I become worried, but I definitely had some concerns. Firstly, a lot of people said that this was very much a family resort and that there were kids everywhere, this was not necessarily an issue as we knew this and were happy be around children, I was just worried there may not be much to do for couples. Secondly, I am SO squeamish when it comes to creepy crawlies and I saw a LOT of comments about ants and wasps being EVERYWHERE!


First impressions: Our first impressions were GREAT! We were queuing for check in for a little while, but this was not a deal breaker to us. The rooms are laid out in apartment-complexes across the resort and we were placed in a quiet area. I didn’t take any photos of our apartment (urgh!) but it was really lovely and seemed to have been updated from the booking photos. We had a balcony, a living room with a sofa, and a kitchenette, so oodles of space for the two of us!


The positives: I can honestly say the resort exceeded my expectations. Our room and the resort in general was kept clean and the staff were very friendly and attentive. There are 2 outdoor pools (plus kids pool) and both were gorgeous. I’m not sure if we just went at a good time but for the entire week, it was never busy around the resort and there were always plenty of sun beds no matter the time of day. In terms of children, as we didn’t go in school holidays, most children were younger than 3 and I noticed most families remained at the kids area, so we did not really notice. We took part in a few activities and did not find ourselves bored at all, but to be honest we spent most of our time reading by the pool and this was exactly what we wanted. The spa (additional cost) was also really nice, I wish I had booked to go more than once. Also, I saw NOT ONE wasp!


The negatives: There was nothing wrong with the food and there was decent choice, but it was nothing to rave about. I did not find myself overly impressed but I guess all-inclusive is hit and miss anyway. All-inclusive drinks were so convenient, but again I wasn’t blown away. Apart from the buffet, there are a number of other restaurants but unfortunately they were closed until June so we missed out. The Italian was open, and this was AMAZING BUT only one visit was included in our stay, we didn’t realise you could also go to the Italian for table service lunch everyday but this was our own fault. Also, we did get ants in our room but this only happened if we left our crisp packets etc, so don’t do that! Oh, and the bed was two twin beds pushed together as opposed to a king but we actually liked this, but something to bear in mind.


Final thoughts: If you’re looking for a good value all-inclusive and just want someone nice for a week to switch-off, I would say Insotel is a fantastic place to stay. However, it seems experiences vary depending on what time of the year you want to go, so bare this in mind! I think it is perfect for families, but just as good for couples too. If food is a BIG priority, or you want tons of activities without having to leave the site, then I would look elsewhere.


Value for money: 4/5, we really had a great time!




Menorca


We mainly stayed within Punta Prima and our resort was very close to a lovely little beach as well as many restaurants and shops on the front. We took a little walk outside the resort every night and it was really nice to be able to do this, especially as we felt very safe.

On our second-to-last day, we took a day trip (excursion through TUI) into Mahón. We had a boat tour, which was my highlight of the holiday as I learnt so many fascinating facts! I did not know much about Menorca so was happy to immerse myself a bit more, especially as a history nerd! We then visited a gin distillery, with tastings of course. Gin is the most popular spirit on the island and the Menorcans drink it neat! We also bought a lot of "Pomada" from the distillery, this is pre-mix gin and lemonade which is a popular summer sharing drink and it was soooo nice. Even my fiancé, who does not drink any alcohol, had a few glasses of this stuff!

After a bit of shopping and visiting the rest of the city, we returned to Punta Prima and though I have so many places on my bucket list, if situations allowed I would absolutely return as I have fell a little in love with the island. If you had never thought of going before, definitely look into changing that.

Adios!


No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS